innercore 500-hour Pilates teacher training
A skillful Pilates instructor is part scientist, part intuitive healer. In each session, she inspires in her students strength, self-confidence and wonder at the vastly intelligent design of the human body. Join us for Innerstellar's Pilates Teacher Training – the first step on your journey to becoming a Certified Pilates Teacher – and learn how to practice and teach the highly refined Pilates system with skill and confidence.
Over the course of nine weekends this fall, you will learn from two highly experienced and successful Comprehensive Pilates Instructors: Ruthie Wahlborg, who brings to the training her vast knowledge of the Pilates repertoire, confidence working with chronic pain and injuries, dynamic and highly effective cueing and delightful sense of humor, and Rebecca Vasile, who lends her extensive experience as a career movement teacher and her love of the art of Pilates pedagogy including class sequencing, setting intent, and creating a warm and judgment-free learning environment. Ruthie and Rebecca will teach you the full spectrum of the Pilates method, including how to use movement as medicine for chronic pain and injuries, and how to create powerful, challenging classes for young and old. You will hone your skills in a fun and safe learning environment designed to empower you in your personal Pilates practice and your teaching.
This course is appropriate for aspiring teachers as well as for intermediate and advanced students who want to get stronger and deepen their understanding of the Pilates system.
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES:
- 60-75 Minute Master Classes on the Mat, Reformer, Springboard, Cadillac, Barrels & Wunda Chair
- Repertoire Break Down and Practice Teaching
- Postural Analysis
- Functional Anatomy & Alignment
- The Art of Sequencing for Beginners, Intermediate & Advanced Practitioners
- Demoing, Hands-on Assists & Other Teaching Tools
- Creating a Warm, Inviting, Safe Learning Environment
- Finding Your Voice
- Harnessing your Seeing/Empathing Skills
- Pilates for Chronic Pain & Injuries
- Pre- and Postnatal Pilates
- Pilates Entrepreneur Business Course
At the culmination of the Innercore Pilates Teacher Training Course (taught over 9 weekends and totaling 108 hours), graduates receive a certificate of completion and have the opportunity to complete the Certification Process, which includes the following requirements:
- 100 self-practice hours
- 100 observation hours
- 200 teaching hours
- A Practical Assessment of Movement & Teaching Skills and a Written Exam administered by Innerstellar’s Teaching Staff upon successful completion of which you will receive an Assessment-based Certificate
- An opportunity to take the Pilates Method Alliance Certification Exam to become a PMA-Certified Pilates Teacher
SELF-PRACTICE & OBSERVATION HOURS:
Can be completed by all Graduates at the rate of $100 per month for unlimited self-practice and observation hours OR can be completed at another approved studio. Graduates can also apply to be a Group Class Assistant to help develop their confidence as teachers. Assistants will support experienced Instructors with their group classes; hours doing so go towards total Observation Hours. Assistants benefit by becoming integrated into the studio’s community as they get valuable practice with their communication skills and hands-on assists. Prices subject to change.
Graduates can complete these hours at another approved studio OR can apply for a role as Apprentice Teacher at Innerstellar to help complete their required teaching hours. These additional hours are an important part of transitioning from a student teacher to an experienced professional. If hired at Innerstellar, you will be paid for these hours.
PRACTICAL & WRITTEN EXAMS:
Can be scheduled with the Teaching Team after all of the above requirements have been fulfilled at the rate of $250. If the graduate fails to pass the test, he or she may reschedule after a 4-week waiting period and can re-take the test for an additional $250. Prices subject to change.
- Minimum 2 years Pilates or related movement experience.
- Minimum of 20 total hours of Pilates instruction on the equipment including a minimum of 10 hours of private sessions. Consider our Pilates Machine Mastery Series, a 6-week, 18-hour intensive training program, the most inexpensive way to gain the required hours at Innerstellar.
100% attendance is required in order to receive a Certificate of Completion and be eligible for Certification.
schedule & dates:
E-mail Info@Innerstellaryoga.com for info and details about upcoming training dates.
REQUIRED READING MATERIALS (AVAILABLE TO TRAINEES AT INNERSTELLAR FOR A DISCOUNT):
- 5 Balanced Body Consumer Manuals: Mat, Reformer, Trapeze Table (Cadillac), Chair, Barrels. Please note: Innerstellar offers its own Pilates teacher training program using our own copywrited Innercore Manual and Balanced Body consumer manuals. We do not offer a Balanced Body University (BBU) certificate with our program.
- Any one Anatomy book that helps you uptake the information, such as Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germaine, Anatomy Trains by Tom Myers, The Anatomy Coloring Book by Wynn Kapit and Lawrence Elson or Atlas of Human Anatomy by Frank H. Netter
"Innercore Pilates Teacher Training (ICTT) was one of the most life-affirming, rewarding and insightful experiences I've undertaken. Although I had completed another Pilates teacher training in the past, the ICTT empowered me to finally make the leap from my former career into the full-time Pilates instructor I am today. Kiki and her staff created a supportive environment that allowed me to find my voice and teaching style while honing my craft. In this intensive training, I connected deeply to myself and my passion for the work. I emerged a skilled, empathic and creative teacher, as well as a much stronger person, both physically and mentally."
- Emma Dannin